This video just has to be watched to appreciate the truly ugly hate-contorted face of the BDS movement in Australia.
All praise to the non-Jewish Aussies who stand shoulder to shoulder with the Jewish community in condemning the call to boycott Jewish businesses, and to the New South Wales Legislative Council for its denunciation yesterday, with two dissentients, of BDS:
'Only one voice [sic; in fact, David Shoebridge of the Greens was another] in the NSW Legislative Council was heard following the debate on a motion condemning BDS…the same voice that declared to the Council during debate "as an Australian Jew…"
This is the motion passed by the legislators:
That this House:
- (a) notes with concern the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) Campaign against
- legitimate businesses operating in Australia which provide jobs to hundreds of Australians,
- (b) calls on all members to condemn the targeting of Max Brenner Chocolate Cafes by anti-Israel
- (c) notes that some of the rhetoric used by proponents of the BDS campaign has descended into
- anti-Semitism, and
- (d) condemns anti-Semitism in all its forms.
Read the entire proceedings by clicking here