The main points of his speech, as summarised here:
– the Jewish People.
• I am here to convey one simple truth. The people of Israel are not occupiers and we are not settlers. Israel is our home and Jerusalem is the eternal capital of our sovereign state.
• There are many threats in the Middle East, but the presence of Jewish homes in the Jewish homeland has never been one of them.
• It says a great deal that the international community is outraged when Jews build homes in Jerusalem, but doesn’t say a word when Jews are murdered for living in Jerusalem. The hypocrisy is appalling.
– the Jewish People.
• Jerusalem is central to our identity and our tradition. The holy city is named more than 900 times in the Bible. On holidays we sing לשנה הבאה בירושלים – "Next year in Jerusalem."
For thousands of years, through persecution and massacres, expulsions and crusades, blood libels and pogroms, Jews turned their hearts in prayer towards Jerusalem. The connection between the Jewish People and our capital cannot be denied.
• Earlier this month, he [Palestinian President Abbas] called on Palestinians to prevent Jews from visiting the Temple Mount using (quote) “all means” necessary. Are these the words of a leader committed to making peace?
• The video of his hateful remarks was broadcast on official Palestinian Authority television 19 times in three days – 19 times in three days. The results of these inflammatory remarks were almost immediate. Hundreds of Arabs rioted in Jerusalem damaging the light rail system and a Hamas terrorist deliberately drove full speed onto a Jerusalem train platform and killed two people. Did President Abbas express outrage or remorse over the senseless killings? Of course not. He couldn’t even muster the courage to denounce an attack that left a three-month-old baby dead.
• Following Israel’s victory in 1967, Israel reunited Jerusalem. Since then, all people - and I mean all people – regardless of religion and nationality can visit the city’s holy sites.
And while we were victorious and assumed control over all of Jerusalem, Israel extended a hand in peace to the Muslim world. According to the status quo brokered between Israel and the Waqf [the Islamic religious authority], Muslims would enjoy access to pray at their holy sites, while all other religions would be allowed access to the Temple Mount.
Today, Jerusalem under Israeli authority is united for Muslims, united for Christians, and united for Jews. As Prime Minister Netanyahu reiterated this week (and I quote), "We are maintaining the status quo and allowing everyone access to the holy places, and we will continue to do so."
Israel is doing everything in its power to minimize tensions. Even when riots break out, Israeli security forces, acting in coordination with the Jordanian government, refrain from entering the mosque and its courtyard unless there is an imminent threat to the site and its visitors.
– the place where we believe that God began the act of creation, where Abraham brought his son Isaac, and where Jacob fell asleep and dreamed of angels.
Today a Jew who wishes to visit this sacred site is threatened with violence. But you don't have to take my word for it. Earlier this month, Hanan Ashrawi, a prominent member of the PLO Executive Committee, said that allowing Jews to visit the Temple Mount is a "declaration of war against Islam."
– and that will not take place.
• It is time for the Palestinians to realize that the children of Abraham - all the children of Abraham – Jews, Christians and Muslims alike
– are not doomed to live together in war, but rather destined to live together in peace.
• And so today I issue this promise from the people of the Promised Land - under our watch, Jerusalem, the eternal capital of the Jewish people, will remain a free and open city for all people and for all time.'
B"H - We Want Jewish-Looking, Jewish-Thinking Diplomats! The Israeli ministry of foreign affairs is the most visibly anti-Semitic, anti-religious, anti-Torah institution in the country, apart of the police maybe. Mr. Prosor must Go Home: "Palestine" became a "UN state" under his watch!ReplyDelete
Here is some information that you need to know about the Arab/Palestinians.ReplyDelete
There never has been, there is not now and there never will be a country called Arab “Palestine.”
The Arab/Palestinians/Muslims squatting on Jewish land in and around Israel are overwhelmingly either descendants of invaders, illegal immigrants or trespassers.
The term “Arab/Palestinian” was popularized after the Six Day War in ’67 in an attempt to delegitimize Israel.
There are already 21 Arab/Muslim dominated countries with over spread out over five millions square miles of territory, including most of Jordan which was part of the Jewish allocated land under international law and treaties and the League of Nations in 1922. It also stated that the Jewish people are to set up their own government and none other. The Arabs also terrorized and expelled over a million Jewish families and their children from their countries and confiscated their homes and assets including 75,000 sq. mi. of Jewish owned land, thousands of Jewish people died while forced expulsion and leaving the Arab countries, these million expelled Jewish people from Arab countries now reside in Israel.
The Arab/Muslims are not interested in creating a 22nd Arab controlled country.
Their only desire is to annihilate the one and only Jewish state. The Muslim Quran states:
“And We said thereafter to the Children of Israel “Dwell securely in the land (of … (Holy Quran 17:104).
(Surah Al-Ma’ida, verse 21), and the other (Surah Al-Shara’a, verse 59) says that the land was bequeathed to the Jews.
Under International Law and Treaties – An Arab/Palestinian State cannot be established in Israel on Jewish land allocated to the Jewish people under the San Remo agreement of 1920, adopted and ratified and implemented by the League of Nations and signed by 51 member states. There was also the 1919 Faisal Weizmann Agreement.
Jordan is the Arab Palestinian State – The land originally allocated to the Jewish people under international law and treaties.
The British violated the international law and the treaties and gave it to the Arabs as the new Arab State of Jordan.