|Adelaide BDSers campaiging against Israeli-made irrigation systems in Oz|
"This is a page for open discussion, and comments should not be assumed to reflect the views of BDS Australia.
Comments are moderated and will be removed if they:
1. are off topic, i.e. derail discussion about the post or are unrelated to BDS and a just peace for Palestinians
2. are defamatory or inflammatory towards individuals or groups
3. are racist, sexist, homophobic or use other offensive stereotypes
4. contain threats or personal attacks, or explicit language and/or images
5. are spam, repetitive or disruptive, or attempt to close down reasonable debate
6. spread lies, misrepresentations, false analogies or stereotypes
7. are commercial in any way
Moderation is at the discretion of admins."
A cursory look at the site, however, suggests that "open discussion" attempted by pro-Israel commenters does not stay up, and it shows that comments which are covered by some of those points, particularly comments that are anti-Jewish, are allowed to remain.
Why, there are even "lies, misrepresentations, false analogies" in the shape of the "Jesus was a Palestinian" chestnut. Just look at the contents of this egregious example, provided to the BDS site by this fella, an American!
A comment following a post regarding Bethlehem has drawn what is surely "an inflammatory" remark by this bloke from Hobart, Tasmania, who I see is a Facebook friend of British 9/11 Truther and Reading PSC founder Tony Gratrex:
Other inflammatory comments spotted include:
Poison regarding Jews:
This, incidentally, is a recent post by Nugent in his/her Facebook page: note the scum (more of Kelly's antisemitism here as well as here, on the timeline of one of his four Facebook friends) it's attracted:
On the BDS Australia page:
A sample of comments (note, incidentally, the odious one regarding Australia's tragic bushfires):
Rowland joins in:
Some more quick-sample smears and falsehoods on the BDS Australia page:
I could go on. But I think I've made my point. Yes, it's clear that there's no "open discussion" or systematic moderation on that grubby site!