The moving tribute to the Canadian Parliament's heroic sergeant-at arms, Kevin Vickers, a former Mountie, mentioned in the interview, is seen below:
And here's the 17-year-old Australian jihadist to whom Steyn refers.
As Steyn emphasises, what the West ignored in the past to its peril must not in all conscience be ignored now.
Here's a blast (not literally, thankfully) from the very recent past (2012 to be exact)
– an eight-year-old girl's speech to the 600-strong "Muslims Rise" conference in Sydney organised by extremist group Hizb ut-Tahrir, which surely would function as a wake-up call if it took place now (woefully, not to the perverse leftists, of course):
Meanwhile, a Canadian Muslim lady, Raheel Raza, suggests that her country should put these measures into immediate effect:
'1. Close all mosques for three months to have intense scrutiny on the Imams and their sermons in the past 3 months. This is not abuse of religious freedom – it’s to ENSURE that religion can be free and survive in Canada while protecting the country.
2. All Muslim organizations (including mine) should submit detailed financial statements to show where their donations are coming from.
3. Put a moratorium on immigration from Muslim countries for a set period till matters here settle down. Anyone wishing to partake in armed Jihad abroad or proven to be returning from such a venture, needs to have their citizenship revoked and given a one-way ticket to the country of their choice as soon as possible.
4. Islamic schools need to have accountability and if their syllabus shows even an iota of hate, they should be shut down.
5. The Islamists calls for un-reasonable accommodation like face covering, special prayer spaces, Friday prayers in public schools should be taken with a pinch of salt and instead of just giving in to these demands, there should be a body of well-informed Canadians discussing and debating these issues in light of Canadian values and norms.'